Friday, May 30, 2008

Lovely in Lilac


Lilacs have been my favorite flower for a long, long time. I had them at my wedding. I love the color of them and the smell of them. I have wanted a lilac tree of my very own for so long, but due to the fact that my husband had an entire hedge of lilacs to clean out as a child, he has a hatred for the lilac bush, and so I have never had one. Luckily for me, my neighbor has a beautiful lilac that spills over into our yard, and she does not care how many I pick on my side of the fence. Thank you, Eileen.

I have seen a lot of lilac fabric, and you'd think I would love it, but normally I do not. I don't know what it is about it. It doesn't look real enough, or the color is not just right, or something. I continue the quest for the perfect lilac fabric, though. I think what I really want is fabric that smells like lilac. Hm, there's an idea. I could invent scented fabric and make a fortune!

No comments: