Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Be Kind to Your Computer

Today was a frustrating design day. I tried all day to design an applique block in EQ6, and at the end of the day, literally (It's nearly 10 p.m.) I have absolutely nothing to show for it. Let me say first of all that it's not the fault of EQ6. My computer kept freezing up, and when I would restart it and reopen EQ6, my block would be gone, vanished into cyberspace despite my valiant attempts to save it.

Now, all these problems might -- just might -- have something to do with the fact that my computer is pre-Y2K, and while trying to design the aforesaid applique, I was also downloading court audio for a typing job, listening to iTunes, chatting with my son on Google Talk, checking email, and reading some blogs. Perhaps a bit too much to ask my relic of a computer to do.

While the technology side of designing was frustrating beyond belief, the actual design was, if I say so myself, amazingly cute. So tomorrow I plan to try again, this time with a few less peripheral tasks running at the same time, and hopefully I will have my mojo working and the planets will be in alignment and the force will be with me and I can get the entire table runner designed, not just the applique. It's going to be a fun little pattern. I'll post a picture from EQ6 tomorrow if I get it done.

No comments: