Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I spent the early morning checking up on the garden after all the rain. Today the sun in shining, and it's simply breathtaking. All plants seemed to have survived unscathed. I moved the roses from the back yard to the front yard before all the rain, but this morning they all seem to be pretty happy in their new home. There's buds on the daisies and the irises and the columbine is blooming. I love spring!

I was looking through my fat quarters yesterday, trying to decide on some I might use for the Sisters Quilt Retreat when I came across a forgotten package of fat quarters from Keepsake Quilting called Promise of Spring. They are positively mouthwatering. Today if I get my work done (cross your fingers) I am going to whip up a spring wallhanging out of some of these fabrics, something simple that will show off the tulip fabric. Here's a picture of the fabrics. Hopefully a picture of at least the quilt top will show up here soon.

No comments: