Thursday, May 22, 2008

What's in Your Stash?

Today I thought it might be fun to show you a bit of what I have in my fabric stash. When I say, "Bit," you'll know what I mean. We're all in the race for the biggest stash, and I'm no exception. So far my mom is winning, though.

First of all, I love fat quarters. Who doesn't? I have a whole cabinet full of them, and I just keep collecting more. If I walk by a stack of fat quarters, all tied up so pretty, some arranged like little stars or flowers, well, I must buy some. It's a sickness, really, but one I'm sure a lot of you share with me. Here's a picture of my chest of fat quarters. The small chest on top has thread and notions, and the stack of fabric on the top of that is WIP's.


Here is a picture of one of the drawers in my chest opened. I try to sort them by color, but they do get mixed up sometimes as I use them.


Here's a picture of some of my favorite fat quarter bundles or collections. Going around the circle clockwise from the tied bundle, the tied bundle is Japanese fabrics from the local shop, Fabric Addict. Don't you love that name? Next, some really pretty flannel fat quarters that I actually used most of making a quilt. I'll post the quilt sometime. Next, some 30's fat quarters bought to make a Dear Jane quilt, but I've been using them for other things, so if I want to make a Dear Jane quilt, I'll need to buy more fabric. Oh, boo hoo! Next, some Keepsake Quilting fat quarters, all in a birthday party theme. I think it would be fun to make a wallhanging to put up when it's somebody's birthday, and last, some hand-dyed fat quarters from Starr Fabrics.


This last picture is some fabric I bought nearly a year ago in Montana to make a quilt for my bedroom. Sorry about the blurry picture. I took it several times. It's pouring rain here today, so it's dark outside, and my house faces north, so even darker. I just couldn't hold the camera still for long enough. Oh well, I'm a quilter not a photographer. Hope you enjoyed the peek at my stash!

No comments: