Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hooray for Rain!

Last night it rained, which is very exciting. Normally I'm not that thrilled about rain, but winter in Canada is very, very long, and so the first night when it doesn't get cold enough for the precipitation to turn into snow is very much anticipated by me, and that was last night. So hooray for rain and welcome spring at last! Unfortunately, it still could snow again. I think the only month of the year I haven't seen snow since I moved to Canada is July.

There's good news on the quilting front as well. The design for the table runner I was having so many problems with yesterday is finished. I'll post a picture here so can see it. I call this quilt Table Runners, which I'm sure you understand now that you see the quilt. FYI, sneakers in Canada are called runners, so the name is a shout out to all my Canadian quilting buddies. This quilt is perfect for the fusible-web applique method, and would look so cute with all those wild and crazy fabrics you couldn't resist but didn't know how you would actually ever use. It would be darling on a dresser or on the wall in a child's room or even on the kitchen table, and it would make a great gift for someone you know who is a runner.

So I hope you enjoy the sneak (get it?) preview. I hope to have this and other quilt patterns for sale online ASAP.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute Kaye! I want to make one for Vanessa. So maybe tomorrow I will have time to start the blog. Arrrrrrrgh!