Friday, May 16, 2008

Victoria Day, or An Excuse to Have a Three-Day Weekend

This weekend in Canada is the May Long Weekend, much anticipated by all, especially campers and gardeners. It's the traditional first weekend for both here, so in the spirit of the weekend, this morning I mowed my lawn. Quite enjoyable, really, as it always is after a winter off. I also saw my first robin today. He was enjoying my sprinker, and I said, Welcome back, buddy, and he gave me a bit of a song.

This week I also shook myself out of my quilting doldrums, removed the quilt from my quilter and unsewed all the quilting. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would, and I watched the BBC version of Sense and Sensibility while I did it. It's lovely. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

So today I'm trying to decide how to requilt the quilt. If I was proficient (see post number 7) I would quilt a rose on each of the plain blocks, since most of the fabric has roses in it. However, I am not going to do that as I foresee that would involve much of the dreaded unsewing again. Instead, I'm going to do something flower-esque in them and hope for the best. I have Pam Clarke's book, Quilting Inside the Lines, and I have confidence that will help me do a pretty basic design. The rest of the blocks are paper-pieced pineapple blocks, so I'm not going to do anything too fancy there as I don't think it would show up anyway. If the quilt turns out halfway decent. I'll put a picture up.

No comments: