Saturday, June 14, 2008

Where Are All the Cute Dresses?

Today's post is a bit of a rant. Sorry in advance. I am looking for a nice dress, nothing too fancy, for a special occasion. Do you think I can find one? No, no, a thousand times no. There are plenty of pants around, many of them cute, but the dresses are either non-existent or made of such ugly fabric or in such a style that nobody would want them.

Here are the questions I would like to ask the clothing manufacturers:

1. Why do you think we want dresses in garish shades of giant pink and orange flowers or yellow and black zebra print or too bright blue swirls?

2. Why do you think we want dresses with no sleeves, no backs, low necks, or short skirts?

3. Why do you think we want dresses with gigantic beads around the neckline, giant gold rings holding the front or the back together, or huge cutouts around the hem?

4. Why do you think if we want none of the above that then we must want a plain black dress?

If someone out there started making pretty, modest dresses with beautiful, subtle fabric, in wearable colors, they would make a fortune. Just my opinion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kaye I couldn't agree with you more. You hit it dead on.. You would think any manufacturer would get the hint.

Anonymous said...

Actually, the anomymous is me, Deb Duncan.. but I don't know how to add comments.. I am inept at this stuff.

T Fowler said...

Great post. I agree 100%! I usually stick to skirts if I can get away with it. Glad to have found your blog. I'll check back often.

Gayle J. Randall said...

You are so right! I just had mine made in the Philippines and that solved my problem.