Wednesday, June 18, 2008

They're Quiltains




Yesterday I showed you the blocks I made using Fons and Porters Half & Quarter Ruler. Today I'm posting a picture of what I made using those blocks. I made curtains for my bedroom, and since they also have patchwork in them, I'm calling them quiltains. Aren't I simply too, too clever? I think they turned out well, although you can see all the seams during the day with the light behind the curtains, but oh well. I pressed all the seams the same way, and so now they are now what I like to call a "design element".


I'm going to make curtains for the other two upstairs rooms. One is my office/laundry room/sewing room, and for those quiltains I'm using fabric my son and daughter-in-law brought back from Israel for me. It's lovely fabric, very brocade in blues, golds, and whites. I'm going to do a braided design. The other bedroom is going to get something done in tan and black and red, not sure what pattern yet, if any.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute..so, when I have time and pull out and dust off my sewing machine, you can help me? Cute idea.

Lori Young said...

They are so cute Kaye! I'm curious. What does Gary think?

Michelle Kelly said...

Aunt Kaye hello!! I saw your blog website on Tresa's blog and had no idea you had a blog. I LOVE your curtains!! I made simple curtains for our first apartment. They are not fancy and did not require a pattern but I'm still proud that I made them. I'm looking forward to seeing your family when you come down to drop Eric off.

Michelle Kelly