Friday, June 6, 2008

My Kind of Columbine

I have noticed over the years that I have a hard time choosing just one color. When I got married, my colors for the wedding were spring colors, purple, pink, yellow, green. I loved it. I find myself drawn to multicolored fabric and variegated yarns and threads. I don't know why, but I just can't seem to be satisfied with one color when I can have several. It doesn't always make for the most pleasing quilt, unfortunately. It can be too overwhelming, and everything jumbles together so much that the design is lost.

So yesterday I was out in the back yard and I noticed that my one columbine plant has two colors of flowers on it, pink and blue. Now, I don't know if this is common, but I don't remember ever seeing it before. I'm sure it has something to do with pH levels or sunlight or something, but I thought, Hooray! A flower with my kind of color sensibility. He obviously couldn't choose either, so, what the heck, let's do both. I say why not?

1 comment:

Denise said...

As a recipient of a Kaye Garner quilt, I can attest that she is a big fan of the bright colours, neon colours and surprisingly sparkly fabrics.