Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Granddaughter


She's here! She's finally here! Carmen Reese Garner arrived at 11:29 a.m. on Wednesday, April 8, weighing in at 7 pounds, 15 ounces and 20 inches long. It had been a long time since I held an hours-old baby in my arms, and it was so special. She is, of course, the most beautiful baby in the world, but what amazed us most was that the entire two hours we were there visiting in the hospital she was awake and happy. I tried to have a little soul-to-soul conversation with her as I held her. Carmen would look at my face with that unfocussed newborn look, and when I would talk to her, she would turn towards my voice. I know she has things she could tell us if only she could talk.

Carmen, we love you already. Welcome to earth, and welcome to our family. You have wrapped yourself around our hearts already, and we are yours to command.

5 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Congrats Aunt Kaye!! I know your family has been waiting a long time for this.

T Fowler said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations. She will be so much fun. I selfishly thought that little boys were the best until Kate was born. Now, I know how absolutely precious and special baby girls can be. Tell Brent and Jen good job for us.

Deb said...

What a cutie.. and just from Heaven. Congratulations!

Gayle J. Randall said...

So very precious! I felt the same way about my grandchildren--how I wish they could tell us all they know; they are wiser than we! I'm so deliciously happy for you. Your life will never be the same--it only gets better!

Lori Young said...

Congratulations, Kaye! She is beautiful! So, your a grandma now. What's that like? *sigh*