Saturday, May 9, 2009

Clothes for Carmen

I've been wanting to post this for a while, but I was worried my daughter-in-law would see the pictures before the baby shower, so I waited. I have been busy sewing baby clothes and it has been so fun. I made a cute little romper and some baby booties, but by far my favortie is the sailor dress I made for Carmen, complete with a sailor hat (which is, unfortunately, still too big for her). For some odd reason, particularly since I have always lived in a land-locked part of the world, I have a great love for the sailor outfit. All of my kids had one, and so when I saw the pattern for this particular sailor dress, it very loudly called out to me and I was helpless to resist.


I wish I had a picture of Carmen wearing her sailor dress, but since I do not, I will also attach here, for your viewing pleasure, a picture of her in her blessing outfit, the same dress worn by her mother when she was a baby. It is hand-crocheted and gorgeous, and she looked like the angel she is in it.


Oh, by the way, the sign that says "Carmen" was made by my daughter, Denise. Isn't it fabulous! It was the hit of the shower.





3 comments:

T Fowler said...

So Beautiful!

Deb said...

So cute.. She is soooo adorable..

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a precious post! You are a wonderful grandma! Carmen is very lucky, and beautiful!