Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fancy Spring

So as mentioned in the last post, my dilemma about whether to finish an old project or start a new one was easily solved by, of course, starting a new one. I have been longing for spring since December really, and now that it's April (tomorrow) my longing has become almost painful. Spring is taking her sweet time, and while it is marginally warmer, it is not sunny most days and there certainly is no green around.

Therefore, in my quest for spring I decided to make a wallhanging for the kitchen that is totally, 100-percent, unabashedly spring-like, so may I present for your quilting pleasure Fancy Spring, so named because the flowers on this wallhanging are decidedly fancy and because, well, I do fancy spring.

It's already brightening my home. Here's hoping it brightens your day as well. Spring, please come back. We miss you!

3 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

So cute and springlike! The principle of opposition in all things works here. I think you value spring more than most people because it is in complete opposition to your long cold winters. I wish for you a hurried spring! Happy quilting!

T Fowler said...

Very cute! I love the colors. I'm longing for spring too (we had 3 inches of snow today - what kind of sick April's Fool's joke is that?). It makes me want to quilt again - although my machine broke today while sewing a dress for Kate. I guess another few weeks for repairs. Thanks for the motivation.

Lori Young said...

Gosh, now I want to do a Spring wallhanging!