Thursday, January 22, 2009

Who Doesn't Love a Catalog?

Today the Spring 2009 edition of the Keepsake Quilting catalog arrived in the mail, 128 pages of quilty fun and inspiration. I have been working all day, but about every 20 minutes I take a break and look through a few pages. I have to force myself not to look ahead or go too fast, because while I want to savor each page, I'm also very anxious to see what's beyond the next page turn.

I enjoy all kinds of catalogs, Sears, Ikea, seeds, even hardware, but, of course, the pinacle of the catalog world for me is a good quilting catalog. I like the Connecting Threads catalogs, but they are pretty small. It only takes me a few minutes to get through one, and then I'm wishing for more, but the Keepsake Quilting catalog, now that's a catalog feast. They have breathtaking kits, scrumptious fabric medleys, and unique patterns, every page jam-packed with beautful colored photography and oh-that's-cute goodness.

I have to get back to typing now, but in about 15 minutes I'm going to look through another ten pages as my reward. It's the only thing keeping me going through this beast of a trial I'm currently working on. Keepsake Quilting, you're the best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye,

Greeting to our neighbors, kind of?? We, here in Wisconsin, have had a cold and snowy winter and I kind of feel like I am from Cananda!


I just wanted to let you know about our 2009 Quilt Retreat Getaway Weekend which is held in Belmont, WI at The Travel Center on November 6, 7 and 8, 2009. The details are on my webpage at Quilts by barb or on my blogspot at Visit Quiltsbybarb quilt retreat blogspot
We would appreciate if you would help us pass on this information and we would love to have you and your sister join us!

Barbara Raisbeck,
Owner of Quilts by Barb