Thursday, October 1, 2009

A WIP is Finished!


I've been listening to Allison Rosen encourage us to finish old projects and make new ones from all those piles of magazines we have been collecting for years, so I decided yesterday to reach into my box of unfinished projects and clean up some of them. The first one I came to was this lovely wallhanging, which was nearly complete, only needed some finishing touches to the quilting and binding. I bought this as a kit in Whitefish, Montana, at a fun little quilting shop there, but I can't remember the name of it. It's a McKenna Ryan pattern, who, I found out, lives just down the road apiece from the quilt shop where I bought it. It reminds me of so many great visits to Waterton Lakes in southern Alberta and a few trips to Glacier National Park in Montana, and if you know me at all, you know that I am a mountain girl, so this wallhanging makes me smile every time I walk by it. And part of the reason I smile is simply because IT IS FINISHED!

2 comments:

Within A Quarter Inch said...

Kaye - I am so happy that you were inspired to pull out and 'oldy but a goody' and get it DONE!!!

Thanks for being a loyal listener.

I think your quilt is fantastic:)

Gayle J. Randall said...

It looks beautiful, Kaye! I'm proud of you for finishing an unfinished project! I have some at home waiting for me, too. You've inspired me!