Thursday, November 13, 2008

15 Seconds of Quilting Fame

Today my sister, Lori, called, wanting to know if I had listened to the latest Within a Quarter Inch podcast. I said I had seen there was one but hadn't listened to it yet. She said, Well, you should listen to it. You'll be surprised. And then she said, Oh, I can't stand it. I have to tell you. Allison Rosen mentioned your blog on her podcast!

To say there was much rejoicing would be an understatement. I was absolutely floored. Who even knew that Allison Rosen was aware I had a blog, let alone had actually read it? This, my friends, is my 15 seconds of quilting fame and probably all I am likely to get, and, frankly, it's enough. I quilt because I love to create with fabric. I like the process as much or more than the end result. I would love to sell my patterns one day (oh, how slowly that dream is progressing), but even if I never sold one thing or won one ribbon or had any other recognition in any way by the quilting world, I am a contented quilter.

Today I cut some strips for the curtains I am making for my office. I'm going to do a braided design. I'll put pictures up soon I hope. The McKenna Ryan quilt is slowly but surely being finished. It's about 2/3 done now. The practice piece on the quilter is, well, non-existent for now, but I'm taking Allison's advice and embracing multi-quilting.

By the way, thanks so much for the kind comment on my blog and for mentioning Patchplay with Me on your podcast and for just being you, Allison. I love your podcast more than any other quilting podcast there is. It's so personal and warm and down-to-earth and just absolutely charming!

2 comments:

T Fowler said...

I'm not sure who Allison Rosen is, but I'm still so excited for you! Congratulations!

Gayle J. Randall said...

You deserve your fifteen minutes of quilting fame, and more!