Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My New Toy

I got a new iron yesterday. If this iron was for ironing shirts or something, I would not be one bit excited. I really dislike ironing shirts. My daughter loves to iron. I have no idea where that came from. No, ironing clothing of any kind is not fun. I am only excited about this iron because it's for quilting.

I used to have a Black and Decker Digital Advantage iron. I liked it fine, but one day it just refused to heat up, so it was time for a new one. I looked around a bit, couldn't find anything that really seemed like what I wanted, which was something with a lot of watts that heats up quite hot, has good steam, and will last for a long time. I had heard good things about Rowenta irons, so I had planned on looking at them but hadn't had the time. My husband offered to look for me, and he came home with a Rowenta Focus iron, 1700 watts of power and lots of steam holes.

I should say that I haven't actually used the iron yet. I have had no time to quilt, which is very sad, and I am certainly not volunteering to iron anything else. I have looked at the iron and plugged it in, and it seems good so far, so let's hope that Rowenta lives up to all the hype and that this is the best iron ever. Who would ever have thought that a new iron would be this exciting, exciting enough to write on the blog about? Do I live a sad, pathetic life, or am I just enjoying grown up things? You make the call.

SISTERS QUILT RETREAT BEGINS IN 10 DAYS!!! Now there's something to get excited about!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, several weeks ago on a weekend when it was rainy, I found myself ironing. Go Figure that..I had my mother's old, old, iron. About 50 years old, at least. Then Tami got me a new iron for Mother's Day. I have yet to plug it in and try it. Next rainy day.. maybe. We had to iron everything when I was in the Military. Oh the memories.

T Fowler said...

I've been hobbling (is that a word?) along with Target irons for years. I would love to get a nice iron for quilting. Let me know how you like your new one. I was just working on my project to send with my Mom for the quilting retreat. It sounds like so much fun; I wish I could be there! Be sure to post what fun activities and projects you guys are doing at the retreat so I can keep up with you.

Ford Fam said...

I detest ironing so much! I share your pain on that one. It is sad but funny that we do get so excited about things such as irons! But I'm right there with you!

Anonymous said...

Good...Digital Advantage Iron...